Seems like Richard Dawkins is digging his own grave in being so closed and arrested regarding opinions in conflict with his own. Check out Deepak Chopra’s posting on I Know I’m Right, So Why Be Fair? where Dawkins acts like a grumpy old man during his encounter with Rupert Sheldrake. Just like in Chopra’s The Science Delusion?.
Sheldrake and Chopra have my votes. And I sure hope Dawkins will continue his current quest. The more energy he puts into it, the faster we will evolve our current ways of thinking. We need guys like Dawkins. He fuels the research on the ever so important area if spirituality, religion, and morphogenesis.
I’m using John Godley‘s Filled In WordPress plug-in to allow people to register for Aardbron events.
However, when Filled In is activated, WordPress didn’t render some admin pages correctly anymore (Manage Posts, Manage Pages, etc.).
Got in touch with John, and he said: “Add the following to your
php_value memory_limit 32M
And so I did and Filled In works fine now.
Indrukwekkende film, Zeitgeist, over De Grote Leugen van geld, religie, aanstaande wereldorde van Verenigd Amerika (Canada, Noord – en Zuid -), Verenigd Europa en Verenigd Azië, 9/11, en zo voort. De ultieme Brave New World.
De stukken die mij met name interesseren zijn die over religie en geld.
Als je er in gelooft is’ie angstaanjagend en is er veel werk aan de winkel voor ons als bewoners van ruimteschip Aarde. Zoek YouTube gewoon op zeitgeist. Daar staan fragmenten van een minuut of tien. Download de hele Zeitgeist-film van 700 MB met BitTorrent.
A must see.
Het Institute of Noetic Sciences heeft een prachtige website met vele nieuwe inzichten en baanbrekend werk klaargezet op Shift in Action.
Tot eind 2007 staan daar vele artikelen, videos en podcasts om niet beschikbaar. Eat your heart out.
Met een paar verhelderende en prettig verstorende video’s van Deepak Chopra.
- The Definition and Source of Consciousness.
- The Simultaneity of Consciousness.
- Discontinuity of the Universe.
Consciousness matters. Thoughts become things™. Consiousness is the phenomenon. Everything else is epiphenomenon.
Some notes from Deepak Chopra’s talk on consciousness:
- Another word for God: field of awareness which is “a-causal, non-local, quantum-mechanical interrelatedness” that operates with simultaneity.
- Chronobiology studies the biological rythms (Earth, Moon, Sun, seasons…) that play the symphony of your life with exquisite correlation.
- You mirror the intelligence of the cosmos.
- Reductionism is dead. We are at its funeral at the moment.
Finally, an excellent video about the emergence of our global collective intelligence. Watch it on Shift Happens. It’s about .
Deepak Chopra writes:
- …there are more school kids with high IQs in China than there are school kids in the United States. Or that a single week of the New York Times contains more information than the average person absorbed in a lifetime in the 18th century. The overall message is that the world is changing exponentially. Information doubles every couple of years while the price of computers gets cut in half. If such trends continue, the market will produce a $1,000 computer in our lifetime with more capacity than the human brain.
- —Shift happens
In part 2, Chopra continues to say:
- …When it first came into usage, “the global brain” seemed like only a metaphor. But the more we learn about how the human brain functions, the more convincing the parallels are in real life. In many ways each of us is participating in a brain without borders, one that encompasses humankind. I’d like to focus on several striking similarities between individual and collective intelligence.
- —Reality is shaped by perception
And in part 3, he states:
- …Trying to understand the global brain with the same objectivity that science explores the human brain is difficult, because every society is enmeshed in the global brain. None of us occupies a privileged position outside and apart. Our personal perceptions are often overwhelmed by influences from collective consciousness — this is why so few people are able to separate themselves from fear of terrorism, for example, and why the vast majority don’t even try. Yet the more objectively we observe the global brain, the more understanding it yields.
- Let me continue with describing some of the salient features that are common to an individual brain and the global brain.
- —The entire brain is invisibly correlated
Some other key points:
- The global brain is more than the sum of all individual brains. It’s a web of collective intelligence…
- …that the global brain is taking an evolutionary leap at this very minute…
- …It’s been estimated that as many as a million new connections are formed per minute during this phase. If something like that is happening on a global scale, two massive trends are colliding.…
- …One trend is downward. It consists of everything calamitous that one reads about in the newspaper: global warming, epidemic disease, political upheaval, warring religions, and a tide of refugees extending beyond old national boundaries.…
- …The other trend is upward, and it comes down to the exponential expansion of intelligence.…
- …There’s a lot more to say about the global brain and where it’s heading. But even from this snapshot, one gains new hope.…
Read the complete series on:
- A CAT-Scan of the Global Brain (Part 1).
- A CAT-Scan of the Global Brain (Part 2).
- A CAT-Scan of the Global Brain (Part 3).
- A CAT-Scan of the Global Brain (Part 4).
Interesting… especially in the context of Aloha, and also potentially in the context of Baobab.
Using Social Networking Tools to Write a Book: “WikiTiki writes ‘Safari Books Online has a new interview with Barry Libert, one of the authors of ‘We are Smarter Than Me: How to Unleash the Power of Crowds in Your Business.’ Barry and his coauthors decided to create a wiki and invite the community to help build this book which aims to give advice on using social networking tools like blogs and wikis to businesses.
Barry has some interesting comments about both the challenges and payoffs in using social networking tools to create a book about social networking tools.’
Read more of this story at Slashdot.
Gaston Vilé was searching for the essential difference between consciousness and awareness. While on the phone, I told him that Amit Goswami’s The Self-Aware Universe has an extensive point on this very difference. I promised Gaston to make the key pages available to him, and so I did.
While on his search, Gaston found the website of the artist and painter Anton Heyboer. Heyboer already mentions quantum physiscs and Amit Goswami’s points. A summary:
Heyboer also talks about God. I tend to use the term Universe latelely. Although I was raised as a Christian (gereformeerd), my scope is widened to include many, if not all, religions around the world. Buddhism as it’s most neutral and integral one (and Buddhism is not a religion, as you may know). The term “Universe”, for me, is more, yes, universal. God is still this almighty bearded person for me.
At home in the Universe, as Stuart Kaufman said.
Stumbled across a wonderful website yesterday with a lot of awseome and open source Flash applications that produce wonderful graphics, many of them fractal, complex. Check out Levitated.net—a friendly company.
Martijn van Steenbergen tipped me on The Storm Worm:
Some key points:
- Storm is designed like an ant colony
- Rather than having all hosts communicate to a central server or set of servers, Storm uses a peer-to-peer network for C2.
- And even if a C2 node is taken down, the system doesn’t suffer. Like a hydra with many heads, Storm’s C2 structure is distributed.
Reminds me of an experiment I did we did with Jini and RIO. Once started up on several computers, we just couldn’t get the system down. Kill one, and somewhere else a new one pops up. Thought of desigining in a “suicide pill” that would trigger on some special message spread across the net.
Flirting with the Crowds: Sami Viitamäki was early to come up with a very comprehensible model about Crowdsourcing: the FLIRT model. Read more on Carl’s post on Flirting with the Crowds.
While working on a new stylesheet (CSS) for my web presence, and being a zealot when it comes to a baseline grid snapping all text, I found this wonderful article on Setting Type on the Web to a Baseline Grid by Wislon Miner. Thanks Wilson.
Cherry-pick from Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox for October 1 on Blah-Blah Text: Keep, Cut, or Kill?.
- Introductory text on Web pages is usually too long, so users skip it. But short intros can increase usability by explaining the remaining content’s purpose.
Enjoy being inspired by Nielsen’s writing for the web.
Worker Owned and Operated
telekommunisten is controlled by it’s workers and committed to staying that way, we believe we can serve our customers best and at the lowest cost by remaining focused on meeting the needs of our employees and customers, not on profits for outside shareholders. Being worker-owned means that all the money you spend on our products goes directly to the maintenance and improvement of the service you receive.
Venture Communism is a project to research, experiment with, and initiate social enterprises, particularly a rent-sharing based proposed form called a Venture Commune. The project also encourages dialogue and investigation of alternative economies and workers struggle against private property .
The goal is to promote understanding of the relationship between distribution of productive assets, political power and global exploitation and poverty and to investigate how worker-controlled enterprises can contribute to solving this problem, as well as to put such ideas into practise.
Several articles have been written and many on-line correspondences sent describing and discussing venture communism, as well as analyzing the nature of property generally.
Source: http://www.telekommunisten.net/about Telekommunisten—The Revolution is Calling.